This is a great question and a question I hear often. Investing in your brand or business is a big deal and you don't want any of your hard-earned money going to waste. Being a small business myself, I understand it can be difficult to know what's worth the expense.

That being said, it's also super important to spend money on your business. As the saying goes, "you need to spend money to make money." There is definitely some truth to that. I'm still always looking for ways to save money and use my funds in the most effective way possible, but we can't do it all. We SHOULDN'T do it all. You would burn out if you tried to do everything yourself. And this might hurt to hear...but we're not skilled or equipped to handle every part of a business. If we want to grow your business, we need to start delegating and expanding roles.

ANYWHO, back to the topic of brand photos. There isn't one straight answer when it comes to brand photography because there are so many factors involved. Are you looking for just a mini brand session? Do you need a full day's worth of content creation? Do you have employees or products that also need photographing? How long do you need this content to last? All these questions are things to consider when hiring a brand photographer. A good brand photographer should help talk you through these questions and either show you package options or a customized quote specific to your needs.


  • What do you need photos of?

  • Will your photos require models?

  • Do you have seasonal content?

  • Are you launching a new product or service?

  • Do you have a location picked out?

  • Do you have props in mind and/or available?

  • Depending on your product or service, will styling be required?

  • How many photos do you need?

I know, I know, this list may seem a bit overwhelming! Honestly, a lot of these questions are things you already know and just maybe didn't realize it was important or something to consider. And again, a good brand photographer should walk you through these questions and help plan the shoot accordingly, but these are all factors that can affect the price of your shoot and what is required to create the quality content you need.


On average, for a mini session, you'd probably be looking at about $100-$500 and for a full-day session, you'd probably be looking at about $1,000-$5,000 again, depending on the factors listed above and the quality/experience of your photographer.

I know it might seem like a huge difference, dropping thousands of dollars for one day of shooting, but if you think about the amount of content you can make in 8 hours vs 1 hour is months' worth of content.


This goes back to those initial questions to consider. If you have a lot of seasonal content, you might want to consider scheduling multiple mini sessions with a different theme/topic each time. If you have a big product drop, a huge line being released, etc. you may consider a longer, one-time, photoshoot to get all the content you need to successfully launch.

Ask your brand photographer about a subscription or scheduled program. Sometimes you can get a better deal by booking out multiple sessions with them. Also, don't be afraid to get creative with your shoot! Props can be expensive, but you might be surprised to find what you have around the house or your photographer might even have a stash of useful props. Location is another big price factor. Sometimes it's worth the price to pay for a cool location, othertimes something like a big open flower field does the trick.


Let's be honest...running a business is 10% doing what you love and the other 90% is everything they don't teach you when you decide to pursue your passion for a living.

For me personally, as I've started to grow and expand my business, I've learned the important and LIFE-SAVING tactic of hiring out! It has literally been such a blessing I could cry. 😭⁠

So leave the headache of planning a photoshoot and creating content for an expert so you can have more time doing the parts you love.

You are an expert in what you do, and I'm an expert in what I do. Let's put our badass boss brains together and create some magic! Giving you more time to focus on your zone of genius while simultaneously giving your business the tools it needs to grow!⁠

Curious about my pricing or looking for a quote? Contact me and I'd love to chat!